- Software Development: Python, C++, Java
- My PhD research was performed in Python using Numpy, Scipy and Astropy, as well as several other common packages.
- Operating Systems
- I work primary on linux both Ubuntu and RedHat systems, and experience working on Windows and OSX
- I have a good knowledge of database design and optimisation, as well as experience using with MySQL SQLite
- Git, Perforce, Docker, Ansible
- Software Testing
- Automated Testing including the use of GABBI the HTTP framework and custom tests written through Python.
- Web Development
- My PhD research was in galaxy clusters, for full details see my publications.
I have recently been using using Docker to deploy my PhD projects and web applications.
I am a Software Developer \& QA working on content delivery networks. As part of a agile development team I develop automated tests and implement changes a custom test framework in Python, as well as performing performance testing using Spirent and analysing results. The work requires a good knowledge of Linux and HTTP to debug issues, and the we use of version control and code reviews. My teams current work involves migrating servers to RHEL7, and I have been involved in implementing additions to the automated test framework
Skills: Linux/RedHat, bash, Python, Ansible, Spirent, Unittesting, sqlite
I am responsible for the design, development and management of the Aughton Village Hall website and web media.
I have worked at Aughton Village Hall since 2005 as casual bar staff being responsible for serving customers, keeping the bar clean, tidy and presentable, keeping the bar well stocked and also collecting glasses and keeping the customer area presentable. Whilst working at the hall I work to provide an exceptional level of customer service.
My position within Maranto’s Restaurant is as a part time member of bar staff primarily working the evening service. My responsibilities include ensuring the bar is well stocked, clean and presentable, serving customers at the bar and orders to customers at there table, as well as assisting other colleagues with general duties during service.
My primary responsibility is to serve drinks to customers at the bar or to their table, and take the appropriate payment. In addition prior to service I am responsible for preparing the bar, ensuring that there is suitable stock, ice and fruit prepared. During the service I perform barrel changes and the post-mix bag-in-box. At the end of service I am responsible for the bar being cleaned and restocked for the following day.In addition to this I will assist the waiters in their role and assist customers.
Exploring the Universe
Universe Through a Large Telescope
I am presently an STFC funded PhD student with the Astrophysics Research Institute (part of Liverpool John Moores University) researching “A New Era of Cosmology with Galaxy Clusters”.
This project is a highly statistical and computational piece of research using data from the ROAST and XMM Cluster Surveys.
For more information about my research visit my PhD research page.
- Introduction to Programming (Java)
- Database Design
- Object Orientated Programming and Data Structures
- Systems Design and Evolution
- Mathematical Methods
- Statistical Analysis including Multivariate Analysis
- Mathematical and Statistical Modelling
- Neural Networks
- Operations Research
- Statistics in the Workplace
Final Year Project:
My final year project was the development of a GUI for a piece of Neural Networks software in MATLAB.
- Maths – A
- Further Maths (AS) – A
- Physics – A
- Geography – A
- Chemistry – B
- General Studies – B
Summary: 6A*, 2A, 2B
- English Literature
- English Language
- Religious Education